About Disruptive Technologies Cluster
We live in a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world which wipes out organisations that are unable to innovate and adapt. Digital transformation and innovative business models, organisation and practices can help adapt and create new opportunities. This includes digital product design and advanced manufacturing through cyber physical connected systems, and improved processes across vertical and horizontal value chains. All of this requires new approaches to education, innovation and change augmenting human experiences to create new realities and enhanced experiences. Artificial intelligence, software, smartphones apps and wearable technologies create data which can support this and be visualised to give real time insights and create people focussed organisations powered by data.
What are Disruptive Technologies?
Any technology that affects the normal operation of an industry, market or organisation. They can create new markets, or dramatically change the way that consumers, businesses and industries operate. In practice they are impacting every area of business, and there is huge potential for research and innovation. Disruptive technologies include but not limited to:
- Green growth, renewable tech and net zero carbon challenge
- Strategic change for digital and circular economy to minimise waste
- Wearable tech and smart cities and living
- Digital transformation of business models, organisation and practices
- Implementing education, innovation and change through tech in organisations
- Digital product design thinking and advanced manufacturing
- Software and app development
- Reputation management
- Data visualisation technologies
- Digitization and integration of vertical and horizontal value chains
- Digital marketing of products and services
- Multilevel customer interaction, demographics and personalisation
- AI and Data insights into human resource processes, management & implications
- How to ameliorate/prevent the deleterious impacts of non-smart living
- Internet of Things, Augmented Reality and XR
Who is the Disruptive Technology Research Cluster (DTC) for?
Anyone who is interested in the ways in which technology is having an impact on their discipline. You don’t have to be a techie, just interested in the changes it is creating – we focus as much on the people, process, communications etc as on the technologies themselves. There are also chances to see new techs and find out how businesses are using them.