University of Salford: Health and Wellbeing
Social Media Designathon
- Are you interested in using innovation to help people?
- Can you use your skills to design, evaluate or pitch a social media-based health or well-being resource?
- Do you want to work with people from different disciplines?
- Would you like to bolster your CV and be in with a chance to win £500?
If so, register for our multi-disciplinary social media Designathon.
The NHS, mental health and social services are buckling under the demand for their services; tackling this problem head on is important to improve the lives and health of the nation in the longer term. This includes disease prevention, earlier disease detection and the promotion of healthy living. Technology offers incredible potential to support this aim by providing effective and engaging on-line information, peer support networks and self-help tools.
This Designathon will bring together students from across a range of disciplines to design an on-line resource for a specific group of people (e.g. those with dementia, young people with mental health problems, cancer screening populations and those at high risk of cardiovascular disease).
The Designathon will take place over semester 2, 2017 and students will work within multidisciplinary groups in an introductory workshop, producing a design pitch and then presenting to industry.
As well as the obvious benefits of working on a creative brief with students from other disciplines and enhancing your CV, the winning group will be awarded £500 prize and the potential to develop their ideas further.
The Designathon is open to ANY student who thinks they have something to offer. You will need to be free on the following dates:
- Thursday 9th March from 2pm
- Thursday 23rd March from 3pm
- First week of June (one day to be confirmed)
If you are interested in taking part in the Designathon please register at https://salford.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/designathon before Friday the 17th of February.