The GM Synergy Project is a coaching style practice placement model bespoke to Greater Manchester. It is based upon coaching ideologies with a strong emphasis on patient centered care, clinical leadership and peer learning. The model will not only improve students experience and learning in practice, but will also increase placement capacity significantly for all learners, enabling student nurse numbers across Greater Manchester to grow in accordance with workforce needs.
GM Synergy Project has been implemented in clinical areas across NHS Trusts in partnership with the four Greater Manchester Universities.
Partner NHS Trusts
• Bolton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – Central & South
• Northern Care Alliance Group – Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
• Manchester Metropolitan University
• University of Bolton
• The University of Manchester
• The University of Salford