The cluster’s research expertise is grounded in both new and established methods, focussing on the following areas:
• Using big data to drive digitisation, business transformation, smart working and achieving Business 4.0.
• Integrating new methods of data collection and analysis to improve existing as well as creating entirely new digital products and services.
• Using real-time data insights to improve business decision-making.
• Helping companies to generate new data and integrate existing data to support increases in productivity, efficiency and growth
• Using data insights to increase customer satisfaction and grow market share.
• Managing information systems across business functions as part of an holistic corporate strategy.
• How big data, systems and technologies can help reduce carbon footprint
• Smarter data analysis methods.
• Implementation of digital marketing strategies by and within organisations.
The Data Analytics Cluster has a central aim: to turn data into information and knowledge and create value to businesses, help people lead healthier lives, optimise business processes and enrich the experiences of users.
There are vast amounts of data generated every day in many forms, from user-generated text and visual content of online users and providers, through to IoT data, click trails and others gathered through users interacting with the online world.
As an academic research cluster working closely with practitioners and business operators, we focus on methods to better understand, manage, organise, visualise, make use of and monetise these data sources.