Writing, writing and more writing!

By Dec.10, 2010

This week I did a workshop about ways of supporting our collaborative writing ventures. I must say it went rather well. We talked about and tried googledocs, and even combined it with skype. We checked out what wikis have to offer, and needed up with a brief introduction to Zotero and diigo (a social bookmarking tool) as a way of sharing and organising bibliographic references and resources. Further information about it can be found here.

I hate writing, I love having written.

– by Dorothy Parker

Write till you drop!

Write till you drop! - Photo by Nenyaki (Flickr ID). License Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic

Yesterday, I was going through some of the resources we have developed over the years and I came across this slidecast about writing your postgraduate dissertation. It is full of great advice. It is also very timely, as I intend to spend the Christmas break writing!

View more webinars from onlineresources.
As a way of aggregating any relevant slide resources, I have now created a group in slideshare anyone can contribute too. I will be adding more to it . You can also contribute with any resources you find useful. You just need to join the group.
Still about writing…
The ECE Conference committee has decided to run two workshops to support authors with the writing of their research papers. This seems a great opportunity to boost our writing skills. If you happen to be on campus, don’t miss it. We will also try to follow it up with a couple of blogposts about it. Ilene Alexander has accepted to be guest blogger and I am sure she will have very meaningful tips and advice to share about writing.
For further information about the workshops and on how to attend them, please link here.
Any experiences, tips about writing please share them here.

Posted in Research Skills