Dr Lauren Owen
Dr Owen is the head of the NPBD Unit (Nutrition Psychopharmacology & Brain Development Unit). Her research interests are broadly in the area of nutritional and pharmacological interventions to alter brain and cognitive functioning. Her research evaluates; metabolism, dietary intervention and drugs in the context of cognition, mental health and wellbeing.
Postgraduate Research Supervision Interests
Topic areas of interest for supervision include:
Nutrition research projects.
- Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
- Dietary [whole diet or supplement [ research
- Cognitive decline [including CI and dementia] and cognitive amelioration.
Addiction and Drug related research
- Alcohol and Smoking related harms and intervention research
- Illicit substance use
- Gambling related research.
Find out more about my work
Open Access: http://usir.salford.ac.uk/view/authors/64220.html
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2548-1926