Postgraduate Research Opportunities
Academics in the Psychology Research Group are able to support a wide range of MPhil, PhD, and MSc by Research projects.
- For general enquiries about an MPhil or PhD please contact Dr Sharon Coen (email@example.com) or Dr Catherine Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For information about the MSc by Research please contact Dr Robert Bendall (email@example.com)
More information about the different research areas and the projects we work on can be found within the different theme pages and below are some example ideas. Please contact the named individual, or the theme lead if you are interested in pursuing postgraduate study with us.
Cognitive Development (theme lead – Dr Gemma Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Parent-child interactions, pretend/symbolic play, pre-linguistic communication (gestures/babble), language and communication in children with atypical development, widening participation in developmental research (Dr Amy Bidgood – email@example.com)
- Nature/restoration environments in education and/or development (Dr Mike Lomas – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Self-management of health conditions in children and young people, socio-developmental challenges in paediatric populations, illness perceptions and understanding health, behaviour change interventions (Dr Dani Ghio – email@example.com)
- Food poverty and diet, environmental influences on food intake, sustainable eating and diet (Dr Greg Keenan – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Children’s media exposure and cognitive development, learning from digital media, children’s socio-emotional development (Dr Gemma Taylor – email@example.com)
We invite proposals from students interested in:
- visual attention and search
- attentional control
- executive functioning
- emotional processing
- visuomotor control of prosthesis
- eye-tracking of media and technology use
- inter-individual differences
- emotion-cognition interactions
- cognitive restoration
Please contact Dr Catherine Thompson for further information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Policy, Politics, and Practice:
- Please contact Dr Ashley Weinberg (email@example.com) for details of possible postgraduate projects in this area.
Mental Health and Wellbeing:
- Please contact Dr Linda Dubrow-Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details of possible postgraduate projects in this area.