Work and Welfare
Understanding experiences of work and welfare have never been more critical to addressing issues of poverty and social exclusion. Our research in this area is helping to provide a policy relevant and contemporary evidence base on the experiences of particular groups within welfare systems and labour markets. This includes ground breaking research focusing on the impact of welfare conditionality, the evaluation of labour market activation approaches, as well as our commitment to understanding and helping to address poverty at a local and national level.
Our vision for our future activity is to continue to apply our expertise to support evidence-based policy making across the following broad areas:
- The impact of welfare reform;
- Access to and experience of employment-related training and support;
- Employers and sustainable work opportunities;
- In-work poverty and progression; and
- Broader issues of poverty and social exclusion.