Awareness campaigns in Greater Manchester
We helped the Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership in putting together a bid for £1.8m to reduce alcohol exposed pregnancies in Greater Manchester region. This project has led to a number of initiatives in raising awareness across the community as well as support for those affected by FASD, including:
- FASD training for midwives and other professionals
- Alcohol screening at antenatal appointments
- A public health information campaign called Drymester (#drymester)
- A theatre production aimed at high schoolers called Birthday, which included workshops and resources for schools
- Increased access to long acting reversible contraception and help with reducing alcohol use in women at risk of an alcohol exposed pregnancy
We are currently involved in the evaluation of this project.
Check out the Birthday Trailer!
Contact: Roisin Reynalds (firstname.lastname@example.org)